The ‘Wisconsin Cheese ‘Grilled Cheese Academy‘ describes my award-winning sammich this way: This magical concoction features fresh blackberries, peppery greens, crispy fried bacon, and lusciously molten Wisconsin Provolone and Gouda. ’The Bewitching’ grilled cheese was selected by Chef Tory Miller, the James Beard Midwest Chef of the Year 2012, as the Gold winner in the 2012 Grilled Cheese Academy competition!
Check out the 2013 Summer Issue of the Vail Valley Magazine~~’The Bewitching’ is featured on page 156!
Now here’s how I describe it…Put your palate under the spell of blackberries sweetened by the heat of grilling. Taste the smooth flavor of melted provolone cheese. Savor the crunch of crumbles of fried bacon. Delight in the healthy surprise of peppery arugula and fresh spinach leaves. Triple layers on crispy and buttery grilled bread, and what do you have? Bewitching Grilled Cheese! It doesn’t matter how you describe it, you’re gonna love it!
Makes: One big sammich!
What you need:
- - ½ cup arugula
- - ½ cup spinach
- - 4 slices bread (healthy preferred–your choice)
- - 4-6 tablespoons butter, softened
- - Cooking spray to coat skillet
- - 20-24 fresh blackberries, divided
- - 2 slices Wisconsin Provolone cheese, cut
- to fit bread
- - 2 slices Wisconsin Gouda cheese, cut to
- fit bread
- - 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained
What you do:
©2012 Alice D’Antoni Phillips Ally’s Kitchen