Boho’ing doesn’t take much work once you start looking at the world through different lenses. It’s finding things that speak to you everyday you wake up–whether you’re eating a leftover burger, roasting veggies in your oven, or putting on jewelry–think of ways to make whatever you’re doing ‘un’ ordinary…add panache to it…leave it natural…look for things that can talk to you! Here’s just a few things from a typical day of mine…let me give you a twist on each…little Boho things in my life each day…
- Farmers market veggies, cleaned, and UNtrimmed…just cut in half, leave as close to what they originally looked like, roast and serve from the cookie sheet.
- Adorn your table with lots of color, patterns and mis-matched silverware, glasses, plates, napkins…each speaks to you something different!
- Wrap bracelets…oh, so versatile and Boho…combine textures, colors, styles…put on as many as you can!
- A retro birdhouse where each part, even the screws and nails, had a life before the birdhouse…this is green to the nth degree, not to mention stylin’ for the birds coming in to roost!
- A consignment store French chair…cheap cheap…chipped chipped…perfect! Maybe I’ll put it in the kitchen, have my guest sit in it and serve a cup of coffee in fine china to him or her!
- Snip flowers, put your breakfast cake on a sexxy little dish, a cup and saucer for your coffeee…sit on your porch, deck or stoop and you’ll think you’re at a French cafe in Paris!
- My burger loves me! And, here’s the heart to prove it…next time, I’ll make a yellow mustard heart or maybe a peace symbol…who says you can’t have fun with leftovers!
- Got old silverware, then maybe you can make a windchime, too…’course, I found this at a farmers market, it whispered in my ear ‘take me home with you…take me home with you…’ I love to make inanimate things come alive!