Carrie from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen chose me! She’s a busy Mom, professionally trained chef, and she’s publishing her first cookbook in summer 2012! To learn more about Carrie, go to her really cool interesting blog…as you can imagine, I’m so flattered Carrie tapped me for this award! I mean of all the foodies on Facebook. Thank you, darlin’!
The second person to give me this award is the beautiful and talented Melissa at ChinDeep…not only is she a Mom and amazing chef, but she’s an author of two books, both of which I have, and she’s a photographer of excellence. Last fall I mailed Melissa some of my rosemary from my mammouth bushes in my yard…you would not believe all she created from one box of rosemary!
The third foodie to bestow this honor upon me is the one and only Brit across the pond, Dor, from La Difference Catering! Dor and I are Scorpio sisters…yes, we both were born on October 28th! She’s got a saucy sharp British sense of humor, and since we’re in vastly different time zones, we have to work at staying connected, and we DO!! Dor can flat out bang out some great food, and I would love to someday sneak into her town and surprise her with a visit! I can only imagine the racous, laughter and giddiness!
Now as part of this award, there are things that I must do…as you know nothing comes without a quid pro quo. But, this is a fun thing to do…share 10 random things about me! I know you’re all just dying to know!
So, now I have to do the following:
1. Link back to the person who gave you this award in a post.
2. Share ten (10) random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award onto six (6) other people.
4. Follow the blog of the person who gave you this award.
Ten Random Ally Facts
1. I’ve hiked the Grand Canyon (with my hubby!) from rim-to-rim at the age of 56 and packed everything on my back, camped in the base of the canyon–have done three more North Rim hikes/camping in the past 6 years.
2. In my 3rd chapter of life, I’m an actress as well as a foodie blogger. I’ve done a lot of work in film, TV, printwork, stage plays. I earned a living as ‘Dr. Alice’, a psychologist, for 30 years.
3. From the age of 25 to 31, I had 4 boys and got my doctorate in learning disabiities/special education administration. Oh, yeah, I also worked as a contract psychologist to help pay the bills.
4. I’ll do a 150-mile fund-raising (for MS) bike ride in two days in June 2012.
5. I was a definite hippie/flower child in the 1960s and have now transformed those ways into my ‘Bohemian Bold’ style of cooking, eating and living.
6. I love to watch some of the reality TV shows like ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ ‘The Voice,’ ‘American Idol’
7. I’ve broken both of my baby toes, and they’re all gnarly!
8. I like to change up the color of my hair…I’ve been a red head, honey dark blonde, had wine colored highlights in my dark brown hair, had feathers put in my hair…and this has all been in the past 10 years!
9. I’d love to perform on Broadway. Even a small walk-on role…hint hint…just in case someone reads this and wants to make my day…well, life!
10. My three sons all played basketball from tee-ball through Division I college basketball, so I’ve sat on bleachers and screamed and pounded my feet with my #*(&%kickin’ cowgirl boots longer than I want to imagine!
My six picks for this award!
Check out Ann’s ’10 Random Facts’ blog! She’s just soooooo cool and interesting!